miércoles, 23 de diciembre de 2015

Desert Dreams - San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

strangers-wandering
Juggling with my camera on a rented bike I set off on a 19-mile adventure across the Atacama desert, ignoring all warnings regarding the heat and the dangers of going by myself. What a joy! Such freedom, to feel alone between hills, stones, shades of brown and an infinite blue sky. It allowed me to combine the indescribable feeling I get from being alone and the occasional “meet-cute” with random strangers on their way to nowhere
man-with-horse-2
San Pedro’s true magic lies on its people, on their smiles, their shining eyes and their transparency. It’s mystical and magical, feels like travelling back in time. I would smile at them and take a mental snapshot, learn their story and take a piece of them with me.
llamas
This group of llamas caught my attention while being released from a private property on the side of the road. I ventured in and asked the shepherd if I could get in the herd and take some pictures. There were about 30 individuals. Little did I know how social they are. The white one got closer to me and tried to bite my face (or maybe kiss me!). I dropped the camera and enjoyed the moment, laughed for a while and continued the ride.
cat
After the intense workout, the main street in the center of the town – almost all there is to it – surprises with invigorating colours and all sorts of creatures. Contrasting earth tones, shadows and shades of brown and deep blue decorations blend with cats, dogs, and even domesticated llamas in a perfect composition.
magic-sunset
The vast immensity, the infinite extension of endless brutal nature right before your eyes makes you feel a renovated respect for this world. It’s unavoidable to admire the perfection, have the urge to take a deep breath, extend your arms and feel grateful to be able to contemplate such greatness. What a wonderful world.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Te invito a que compartas tu opinión. Sensaciones, percepciones, reflexiones o cualquier tipo de comentario. Me encantaría conocer qué te provocó la lectura